Hi, my name is Rocker1! I have suffered with constant pain for many years now — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rocker1! I have suffered with constant pain for many years now

Rocker1
Rocker1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello people, I have suffered with constant pain for many years now, amongst other issues it affects me badly!  Thanks for accepting me.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rocker1

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

Sorry to hear about your pain, that must be quite uncomfortable for you. Have you explored pain management options with your GP?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions Hope to see you around 
  • Rocker1
    Been under pain management several times, had all the injections, acupuncture, physiotherapy, all did little or no good. On lots of medications now, barely take any pain away, so bad at times, that I have even contemplated ending it all and if it were for not having my children and Grandchildren, I would have by now! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @Rocker1. Do you mind me asking what condition you have that causes you so much pain? This might help other members in a similar position to share their experiences or tips.

Have you spoken to anyone about your mental health? Many people who experience chronic pain also have trouble with their mental health, and it's really important that you speak to someone if you're struggling. Is your GP aware that you've had these thoughts?

Please remember that you can speak to the following organisations if you need:
    • Samaritans: call 116 123, email [email protected]. They're a listening service, so they won't tell you what to do, and you don't have to be suicidal to get in touch with them
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 if you'd prefer to speak to a volunteer over text
    Mind also have some useful information on suicidal feelings, including how you can cope in the moment.

Of course, if you ever felt unable to keep yourself safe, you should call 999 or visit A&E right away. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • JanetMor
    JanetMor Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I can understand how you feel Rocker, I have been with the pain clinic many times and I take lots of pain killers and have buprenorphine patches but none seem to work for me. I feel that the hospital and my GP have given up on me. I think we are bound to have trouble with our mental health because of our situation.
  • Rocker1
    You are so right about feeling let down, I suffer with depression/anxiety due to the pains as it is, butforme thereis loneliness too, since I first started with these pains, of which over the e years are getting worse, my then wife cheated on me, resulting in me divorcing her. Now I can't even attract velcro with velcro being like this, life is just an existance ok. 
  • JanetMor
    I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and her cheating, that must have really taken its toll. I must say my husband has been really good even though I've said I could understand if he wanted to move on. He still works and gets very tired but we do the best we can. Do you go out at all? I can no longer walk but I use a mobility scooter although I feel too vulnerable to go out on my own. I wish we could both get pain relief, even if its just to take the edge off the pain, Rocker. There must be lots of people suffering as we are and I can't see any answer to it. If the medical profession haven't got a clue what hope do we have. Counselors can only listen but don't have the answers, I'm afraid. Have you tried the Samaritans, as advised by Tori? I think the GP might give you anti-depressants  as they have given me which helps a little. 
  • Rocker1
    On antidepressants along with morphine, cocodamol, pregabalin, baclofen etc....!  Just at the end of my tether with it all and all the side affects.
  • JanetMor
    Me too Rocker, I wonder if we had health insurance things would be different.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.