What attributes have your impairment(s) given you? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What attributes have your impairment(s) given you?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

This month is Disability Pride Month. A global celebration, originating in the USA, that seeks to reclaim disabled identities and overturn the myth that to have an impairment is a reason for exclusion.

A placard with the words Disabled people for future printed on and a wheelchair symbol amongst a sea of other banners

To learn more about the history of Disability Pride Month, what it is and how to get involved, visit blogger Jessica Ping-Wild's 'Everything you need to know about Disability Pride Month 2021'

And, to proudly speak about your disabled identity this Friday afternoon, why not share with us in the comments: what attributes and strengths has your impairment given you?

Are you determined, passionate about human rights, an advocate, campaigner or ally for others marginalised? I know we have a rainbow of qualities amongst us and look forward to hearing your words  <3
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I am proud to be disabled. I've obtained a strong passion for advocacy and campaigning. I'm a lot more open. None of this would have happened, had I not become disabled :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.