Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Overpayment, sanctions and stress

huneyhuney Member Posts: 20 Listener
So I submitted a appeal against my overpayment of uc that was caused by dwp (they wrongly applied carer element when I didn’t ask for it)

Since then it’s like they have it out for me. I’ve been sanctioned and they keep moving the appointment and adding more sanctions and now they’re saying I have another huge overpayment where they say should have been benefit capped when I know I shouldn’t but can’t prove it as my statements aren’t online any more and the few that are have all been changed and some date back to when it was a telephone only claim. And another because apparently I was getting wrong LHA and that I was getting the wrong disabled child element which isn’t true. Now a letter for a tax credit debt I apparently owe from 2010?!!? Everything I try my uc is just getting worse.

So now I have:
-overpayment of carer element which was their fault
-overpayment of disabled child element, but they’re wrong!!
-overpayment from LHA which I don’t agree with but can’t prove because can’t get statements
-overpayment because they claim I should have been capped when I shouldn’t 
-tax credit overpayment from 2010 that I’d never heard of or knew anything about until now
AND I’m sanctioned with no end in sight 


Sign in or join us to comment.