Waiting times for a decision after a health assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times for a decision after a health assessment

jacxy
jacxy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi I’m new on here regrettably me and my husband had to claim UC for the first time back in March 2020 because my husband lost lots of work because of the coronavirus now I wasn’t working because I have extremely painful osteoarthritis in my hands spine and neck and in September 2020 my coach told me I had to look for work in order to keep our payments for UC that’s when I said I couldn’t work so in October 2020 I started to get fit notes from my doctor for UC I filled out a form they sent me and early February 2021 I had a health assessment by telephone since my assessment I have heard nothing! Only messages to send in a new fit note Iv contacted my coach several times to find out what is happening Iv asked for a report of my health assessment and Iv received nothing it’s been 5 months now since my health assessment and 9 months since I have been sending fit notes in has any one else had this problem or have they just forgotten about me 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

That is a long time to wait they estimate 8 to 10 weeks 

Either give them a call or put note in your journal but mark it payment query then your case manager should see it 

If you call ask to speak to your case manager 

Work coach is not always best person to ask 
  • jacxy
    Hi thank you for your reply I will try and contact them again I thought it was a long time to wait 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ jacxy, hello and a big welcome to the community. Having had your assessment you can phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter. 
  • jacxy
    Hi wilko thank you for your reply I contacted UC back in may asking for a report and they said they would get me one sent out but I didn’t receive one Iv contacted UC again today in my journal and Iv had the same reply saying they would contact the decision maker to find out what is going on I had the same message a month ago! UC did give me a number to call about a month ago to find out what was happening and the man told me it was  with UC and to call them so I have no idea what is happening still I’m really finding everything so hard at the moment with everything that’s going on I have no idea where I am in life at the moment Iv never had to rely on benefits Iv always worked and brought up 4 clever children but I’m sure there are so many people in the same situation it’s so sad that the DWP can’t have the decency to keep people informed we are treated as numbers not human beings 
    so sorry for the rant!! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.