Stressed. My husband has his PIP appeal tomorrow. He's been rejected twice for it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressed. My husband has his PIP appeal tomorrow. He's been rejected twice for it

weelizzy
weelizzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my husband has his pip appeal tomorrow, he’s been rejected twice for it and now it’s going to court tomorrow, we are both so stressed out with it all 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It is stressful to go through it all as many of us know 

The tribunal isn't as scary as it seems 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weelizzy :) Welcome to the community. Thanks for joining, and for posting your question. Just to let you know, I've edited the title of your post slightly.

As Janer1967 has said, many people don't find the tribunal as scary or intimidating as they think it'll be. Does your husband have representation? Does he feel confident in what he wants to get across? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weelizzy - & welcome to the community. The tribunal is just a judge, a Dr., & someone with some understanding about disability. Your husband's diagnosis will not be in dispute, & you can put the health care professional's report behind you. The tribunal will just want to hear the difficulties your husband faced at the time of his assessment with regard to the PIP activities/descriptors. If appropriate, mention whether an activity could be done 'reliably', or not, i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, or in a reasonable period of time......does it take him more than twice as long as someone without his disability?
    Make sure the phone is charged, & you can put it on loudspeaker so you can both hear. He should have the relevant paperwork there as it might be referred to; ask for any questions he might be unsure about to be repeated, & try & give a couple of real life examples of the difficulty he faced for each applicable activity (when did it happen, what exactly happened, who witnessed it, & how did it leave him feeling afterwards).
    The success rate for tribunals with this done by phone seems to have increased. My best wishes, & kindly let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • Karawen
    Karawen Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Good luck for today @weelizzy ?
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
  • weelizzy
    weelizzy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much I will let you know how he gets on today xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.