Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Match Prep

janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
Not long to go now till kick off are you excited 

Have you done anything special to prepare for it 

Maybe flags,  t shirts , bunting 

I've bought lots of food treats,  cider chilling in the fridge 

Will you be watching at home or somewhere else 

Let's share what we are all doing.  

Replies

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,690 Disability Gamechanger
    Well I guess it’s going to be a nail-biter so I’m thinking I’ll need something to chew on, perhaps twiglets or maybe actual twigs! 😲
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 go team! 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,484 Disability Gamechanger
    Flags up, poster up, also cider in fridge and nibbles ready, i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
    Good luck England, your time is now.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 460 Pioneering
              My other half has just said his tummy is fizzing  :) not sure if it's nerves or excitement. I don't do football but even I've been wrapped up with it all. Good luck boys you can do it.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,162 Disability Gamechanger
    My son's has come around to watch with me. Good luck to the England team. :)
  • Leigh14Leigh14 Member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    My son has friends round, so I’ve retreated to my room. Munchies in tow! 
    E N G L A N D 👍🏻
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,484 Disability Gamechanger
    Great start. (what more can you say?)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Great start poor second half 

Come on England we are all behind you 
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 460 Pioneering
    edited July 11
                Nearly...... :(
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,690 Disability Gamechanger
                                                           😶
    so near yet so far, great shame but well done England for getting to the final, now bring on the world cup next year !
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Such a shame, but all credit in getting into the final, & a great England team. :)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,615 Disability Gamechanger
    As a Welshman I am somewhat relieved but there is zero to be critical about as regards England. Tonight none of the formations nor substitutions worked against a team who, despite losing their best player a few games back, changed style and quickly found other ways to win. Hard to find their weak point bar perhaps ageing centre backs. They are undoubtedly the best team in the world at this point. The only doubt prior to this tournament was that their unbeaten run due to include much in the way of top teams. I think they’ be put that to bed at this point. 

That said, it could be argued that several England players had poor games e.g. Maguire, Mount, Phillips, Henderson. However, I’d prefer to say that they were hamstrung to some extent by the tactics.
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry guys well done Italy 🇮🇹 fab game loved the penalties  England celebrated to early on in the game with the first goal never mind England good try 
Sign in or join us to comment.