Hi, I'm Jlee! Can I do a full time college course + still claim UC/LCWRA without it being affected? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, I'm Jlee! Can I do a full time college course + still claim UC/LCWRA without it being affected?

Jlee
Jlee Member Posts: 40 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello does anybody know if u can do a full.time college course and still.claim uc and lcwca without it being affected 

Comments

• Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hi @Jlee

This government webpage outlines the circumstances in which you can get UC while being a full-time student.  I hope this answers your question, or are you concerned that being a full-time student might impact the LCWRA decision?

Just to let you know, I amended your thread title and moved it to our UC category to help others find it easier :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,310 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have already been found to have LCWRA then you can continue to claim UC. However any student loans you are entitled to (regardless of whether or not you actually apply for them) will be taken into account as income.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jlee
    Jlee Member Posts: 40 Listener
    Ok thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,310 Disability Gamechanger
    calcotti said:
    If you have already been found to have LCWRA then you can continue to claim UC. However any student loans you are entitled to (regardless of whether or not you actually apply for them) will be taken into account as income.
    My apologies but I realised the above is incorrect
    You will only be able to continue claiming UC if, as well as having LCWRA, you are getting PIP. Read the link provided by Cher forfull details.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.