Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, I'm Jlee! Can I do a full time college course + still claim UC/LCWRA without it being affected?

JleeJlee Member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 14 in Universal Credit
Hello does anybody know if u can do a full.time college course and still.claim uc and lcwca without it being affected 

Replies

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,950

Scope community team

Hi @Jlee

This government webpage outlines the circumstances in which you can get UC while being a full-time student.  I hope this answers your question, or are you concerned that being a full-time student might impact the LCWRA decision?

Just to let you know, I amended your thread title and moved it to our UC category to help others find it easier :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,132 Pioneering
    If you have already been found to have LCWRA then you can continue to claim UC. However any student loans you are entitled to (regardless of whether or not you actually apply for them) will be taken into account as income.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • JleeJlee Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ok thank you 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,132 Pioneering
    calcotti said:
    If you have already been found to have LCWRA then you can continue to claim UC. However any student loans you are entitled to (regardless of whether or not you actually apply for them) will be taken into account as income.
    My apologies but I realised the above is incorrect
    You will only be able to continue claiming UC if, as well as having LCWRA, you are getting PIP. Read the link provided by Cher forfull details.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.