Claiming on behalf of my daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Claiming on behalf of my daughter

JadeC82 Member Posts: 45 Connected
Could I claim pip on behalf of my 18 year old she has OCD Anxiety and will not talk over the form and doesn't know how to fill out forms? 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,428 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there

    You can be assigned as her appointee and dealing with all her claim on her behalf 

    This includes you getting all correspondence and payment 

    You will need to she lack the mental capacity to deal with it herself 

    Contact pip to start this 
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 7,487 Scope online community team
    Hello @JadeC82

    Welcome back to the community, I hope you are well.

    You could consider becoming your daughter's appointee, see more information about this on the website. 

    Alternatively, you could just be there as a presence to help her through the process and provide support when needed. Or your daughter could go through Advice Local, CAB or your local Welfare Rights to seek professional help with the process.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.