Hi, my name is aminamangera! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is aminamangera!

aminamangera
aminamangera Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2021 in Start here and say hello!
hi my name is Amina I am physically disabled and wheelchair bound and I am high risk clinically vulnerable person I am worried that if i meet someone how I can tell them have you been corvid test I spend more time in at home i am worried too go out and i am on benefit ESA AND PIP that's all I get as I am disabled when i go shopping buy stuff or anything's like pull up pads, shoes, dresses, ETC or going to cinema and theme parks why disabled people have too pay more money...…????. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I am also interested a wheelchair 

I find I get reduced prices at places like theme parks and cinema and some allow carers to go in free 

You can get a  CEA card which allows carers into cinema free 

You usually need to show proof of disability like pip letter or blue badge 

I Don understand how dresses and shoes are more expensive for disabled? Maybe you can explain a bit more 

Apart from that welcome on board and feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @aminamangera

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I think it's completely fine to ask somebody you are meeting whether they have had a Coronavirus test or not, that's quite a common thing these days and I can't see people having issue with that. Have you been in that situation lately?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • aminamangera
    thank you  for reply me and i did not know about CEA card and thank for this information  dresses and shoes are more expensive I will explain my body go big just like that my feet and my leg go big then i have too rush too hospital they give me injection and they take out water from my body i need to go buy my dresses go to expensive shop where i can buy big sizes  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    OK I understand bur there are other shops like primary,  new look , yours , simply be that now do clothes in bigger sizes 

Also amazon and lots of others and they don't have to be expensive 
  • aminamangera
    thank you i did not think about new look or other shop thank you you give me idea to where too shop  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.