SDP -should have been in receipt for years. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP -should have been in receipt for years.

Options
fifejohn88
fifejohn88 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
i remember when PIP started we were all told of the inevitability that we would all be moved, i never was. I was registered as partially sighted and was on lower care which i had to fight for. However i was registered as blind in 2017 and subsequently claimed ESA, i expected that now that i was registered as blind it would not be long until i was moved to PIP, again it never happened. I bit the bullet in november and applied for PIP and was awarded enhanced care and mobility. Now they say i am entitled to SDP but say i am only entitled to it from the date my pip payments start (9 months after i contacted them to apply for PIP or 28 days after their decision) the gov website says enhanced care is what entitles you to SDP but surly me losing my sight or contacting them to make them aware of changes are more relevant when determining whether or not i am entitled to SDP? Or is this just the way it is?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.