Tomorrow is nearly here, and feeling nervous is an understatement - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tomorrow is nearly here, and feeling nervous is an understatement

2»

Comments

• Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Ross-Scope im so emotional its unbelieveable,but im glad its over.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Any tips @Popdiva43..my Partner is awaiting Tribunal?...thank you
  • Popdiva43
    @charlotte84 im still waiting for decision letter to come through the post,was just told over the phone I was awarded enhanced on both over the phone as I was a complete mess during the hearing, so the hearing finished and had a call back 10 mins later, mine was a mixture between my osteoarthritis and mental health, but once I've received my decision letter I will let you know. 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Hi @Popdiva43..my Partners Tribunal yet to be confirmed...He too has Osteoarthritis....What type of questions where you asked in regard to this ailment?..Thank you
  • Popdiva43
    Good morning @Justcheckingin15 the tribunal asked me questions like how do you function, how are you able to move around, if you went out and you had to use a toilet that had nothing for you to be able grip onto to be able to sit down or help with getting up, my reply wouldn't use the toilet, how are you able to get up the stairs, how long can you stand, what happens it you stand it long,do you have any aids to be able to wash, or do you need help eg getting in or out.The 3 ladies were so nice and understanding,even the guy from dwp was nice, just tell them how it is, even if he breaks down so be it, that happened to me it's so overwhelming that it takes so long to get to this point even though yourself I shouldn't of got this far, the tribunal understand that you have many emotions your going through, they are not there to judge you, they just want to understand what your going through, be honest and open with them, that's all they want. Good luck to the both of you, and please let me know how it goes. 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Thank you @Popdiva43, I will update on here the outcome.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Congratulations @Popdiva43 that was a long call and did u submit all the evident before hand cus that’s like an hour of call and did I also write a letter talking how it effect u and who helps and also @Justcheckingin15 have read my post here and make sure u send all the evident ASAP u can also email or send in the post but takes long like 2 weeks emails is very very quick
  • Popdiva43
    @affii1993 good evening, yes I sent in all evidence, I think it was because I was so overwhelmed with emotions they were taking their time, they didn't rush me or anything,they asked about 5 questions each, to me it didn't seem that long, but was amazed when I saw how long it was. 
  • Justcheckingin15
    @affii1993, @Popdiva43 Thank you for your input..
  • Popdiva43

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.