My son has autism. Can I get any support from the local council? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son has autism. Can I get any support from the local council?

Options
dipika
dipika Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
My son is 5 year old and he has asd his behaviour is so different and he can't be in control can I get any support from the local council 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would suggest you speak to your gp for a referral or contact children's services 

Does he go to school or nursery if so have they given you any feedback 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dipika :) Welcome to the community! It's great to have you with us.

Firstly, just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to autism.

What kind of support from the council do you think you could benefit from? As Janer1967 has said, your GP is a good place to start, as they should be able to point you towards local services and how to access them.

You may also be interested in looking into some of Scope's family services, such as Parents Connect or Navigate. You're certainly not the only parent to find yourself in this challenging situation, and so talking things through with someone who understands can be really beneficial.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.