Autism and Aspergers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My son has autism. Can I get any support from the local council?

dipikadipika Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 16 in Autism and Aspergers
My son is 5 year old and he has asd his behaviour is so different and he can't be in control can I get any support from the local council 


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    I would suggest you speak to your gp for a referral or contact children's services 

    Does he go to school or nursery if so have they given you any feedback 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

    Scope community team

    Hi @dipika :) Welcome to the community! It's great to have you with us.

    Firstly, just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to autism.

    What kind of support from the council do you think you could benefit from? As Janer1967 has said, your GP is a good place to start, as they should be able to point you towards local services and how to access them.

    You may also be interested in looking into some of Scope's family services, such as Parents Connect or Navigate. You're certainly not the only parent to find yourself in this challenging situation, and so talking things through with someone who understands can be really beneficial.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.