Anybody who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne looking for new friends people to chat to.?? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne looking for new friends people to chat to.??

Options
2»

Comments

• JKC
    JKC Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Hi emilia, I just live down the road in Durham, not that far from you.
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi JKC was in Durham city centre on Thursday not been there for a few years. Not too crowded and the Bidges pub was empty. Hope to be back soon.
  • emilia
    emilia Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    I want to live in Durham it's such a nice place. It's been very long time to go and travel but now lockdown has eased I might go see more places. 
  • emilia
    emilia Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    It's good for dog walkers I'm thinking about getting a dog because I have not being too comfortable going out. I have social anxiety. Does anyone have dogs or pets 
  • JKC
    JKC Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    The good thing about Durham and the surrounding areas, there are a lot of little mining villages scattered around just outside Durham City itself, i live in West Cornforth about 3 miles from the city center, and its quiet and beautiful around here, and yes emilia..its perfect for walking dogs, im surrounded by fields and the community is good, as for Durham City Littleacorn, the last time was in a pub over there was Wetherspoons pre-lockdown Christmas 2019 i was on a date...and the pubs were quite full, ive been back since, but not in pubs.

I guess after the lockdown people had been locked away for so long that there is a bit of social anxiety..because nearly 18mths in my case without seeing a soul can do that to you, i can sometimes get bad panic attacks, although not as bad as they once were, however.."these things are sent to try us" my Grandmother used to say, and now i will be out and about a lot more hopefully.
  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Options
    I think the pub used to be a Wetherspoons, large pub on the corner of the street next to the bus station which is being updated at the minute! There were only half a dozen small groups in the large pub but not at a peak time obviously. I know West Cornforth a little. I used to work for a charity who had an upstairs office along the street n the left from the church or was it a community centre. That was about 10 years ago.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.