Buying a mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Buying a mobility scooter

Options
miacohen
miacohen Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i'm thinking of buying a mobility scooter as i'm starting to struggle to walk longer distance but very afraid of getting scammed!

Has anyone had any dealings with keepmovingcare.com and mobilitygiant.co.uk?

They seem to be the best and have the scooters I'd like.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I have a scooter but was given mine from a family member when they got a new one 

So I can't advise on the company you mention 

Go and visit and try out different ones
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @miacohen :) 

I don't have personal experience of either of these websites either. It does look as though you could visit them in person, at least with Mobility Giant. Would you be able to visit them to see a demonstration? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @miacohen, hello and welcome you asked about, Mobility Giant they are first class company I’ve got nothing but praise for them I had two scooters delivered and never kept either the second one was £600 more than the first but I didn’t like it so had a full refund once their couriered had picked up the scooters and returned them. Give them a ring after looking on their site and see what they recommend. I can recommend for pavements and off road occasionally or if you have access to good hard tracks then the Kymco Maxer  a great scooter I have had one.
  • agility5
    agility5 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    mobility giant are very good ,I bought my agility from them after some good sensible advice from their advisor, 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I strongly recommend visiting a local mobility aids shop. Try a few models and also try to talk to a store advisor. See if they can suggest a few different models. Do your research. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.