Hi, my name is jodiejwe1979! I applied for PIP at the start of April, we still haven't heard anythin — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jodiejwe1979! I applied for PIP at the start of April, we still haven't heard anythin

Options
jodiejwe1979
jodiejwe1979 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I wondered if anyone could help please. I applied for pip for my 19 year old son on the 1st April 2021. There was lots of backwards and forwards and it took 3 attempts at sending in the forms as they say they never received them. We still haven't heard anything. I called them a few weeks ago and they gave me the assessment number. I called this and they said they couldn't advise me of anything? It just seems a long time? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are massive backlogs for assessments currently 

Some people who applied in Dec are still waiting 

The whole process is taking around 10 months to complete Some have waited less depends on your own area and backlogs 
  • jodiejwe1979
    Options
    Blimey. OK thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jodiejwe1979

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining. 

You certainly aren't alone with having to wait a long time, sadly that's the case for numerous people we've seen post on the community lately.

I hope it won't be too much longer for you though, but rest assured they'll get around to you eventually, I know it can sometimes be easy to start thinking they've forgotten your claim, but it will just be due to delays.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • jodiejwe1979
    Options
    I know. Its just so frustrating. Then when I do call different people your on hold for an hour at a time then get cut off. Its so annoying. I really appreciate the hard work from everyone and appreciate that we are in the middle of a pandemic etc so less staff etc but even just a letter every couple of months or something would help to know they haven't forgotten you.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    You won’t be forgotten. You need to be patient. In my opinion there’s no point in adding extra workload by generating pointless letters. 
  • jodiejwe1979
    Options
    True. Just a bit of acknowledgement I suppose.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Welcome to the community,

I just wanted to give you some time scales I waited 8 months in total for my pip claim to be completed. I applied in Nov 2020 and didn't hear a word till June when I had my assessment on 29th June 2021, I only just received payment in my bank account on Thursday 15th July 2021 and was finally awarded PIP.

I'm afraid its just a waiting game and they'll get to you when they get to you, It does depend where you live but most are experiencing huge backlogs and DWP have estimated it takes upto 10 months for claims to be completed.

Hope this helps.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• jodiejwe1979
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.