Pip award ended! When will I receive my final payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award ended! When will I receive my final payment?

Options
galowo
galowo Community member Posts: 54 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip award ended from 16 July 

does that mean I’ll get another payment? Or have I had all my payments now? 

Last payment was 15 July 

I believe it’s paid 4 weeks behind 

also going to challenge their decision 

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 563 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

My understanding and from my own award it says PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears. So you should be getting 1 more payment from them.

Goodluck with appealing the decision.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

As above pip is paid 4 weeks in arrears so if your latest payment was just normal payment you should still be due another one 

Have you submitted a mr to challenge the decision 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi @galowo

I'm sorry to hear your PIP award has now ended and wish you luck with challenging the decision.  Do you feel confident with submitting a mandatory reconsideration (MR) or appealing to tribunal, if it's that stage you're at?  Please let us know if you could do with some input around this  :)

I've tweaked the title of your thread ever so slightly to make your question more visible.  Take care and have a nice Saturday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not clear why others think you are due another payment. As I see it your payment on 15th July is for 4 weeks up to 15th July. You say the award ended on 16th July so it seems to me no further payments are due.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rubin16
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I'm not clear why others think you are due another payment. As I see it your payment on 15th July is for 4 weeks up to 15th July. You say the award ended on 16th July so it seems to me no further payments are due.

PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears so the payment made on the 15th July was for June, so they should still get a payment for July, Just it is paid 4 weeks later.

So they should get 1 more payment before it ends
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears which means that the payment on 15th July, to the best of my knowledge, covers the four weeks period ending on 15th July, which in this case is the last day of the award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rubin16
    Options
    Ahh I see what your saying and looking at things you might be right. I think the 15th July might of been the final payment then.

• galowo
    Options
    Aw thanks for everyone replying 

I have no confidence starting a MR or where to start! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Altho it says it's easier to call, a MR should always be done in writing, so you can either use the form, or just write a letter (putting your name & National Insurance number on each page). Concentrate on the activities/descriptors (see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf ) where you feel you should have been awarded points, giving a couple of detailed real life examples as to what exactly happened when you did/attempted each activity. This should be for example, what happened, why, who witnessed it, & how did it leave you feeling afterwards. If you haven't also already done so in your initial PIP claim, say if you can't do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, if you're unable to repeat it as often as one would normally expect, or if it takes you more than twice as long as someone without your disability. Remember it's how you are more than 50% of the time.
    Good luck, & do come back with any questions. :)
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Just wanted to say good luck with it all  @galowo
    Also ive just finished a MR recently and only help i can offer is please read the advice from people like @chiarieds have given above about descriptors etc as unfortunately i hadnt until after i sent mine off and ended up sending another re-written one 3 weeks later after reading about them! Also try not to focus on assessment being useless as i had first time! Just stay focused on where you believe you should of got points and didnt and Im sure it will be fine this forum has been a great help ? you are in a good place ??? take care and stay safe!
  • galowo
    Options
    I was paid my last PIP 13th July, award ended 16th.
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @galowo

I can see you started a similar thread to this before, enquiring about your final payment. Did the comments about how to do a MR help?  Are you thinking that you might have some payment outstanding for the 3 days up to the 16th?

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • galowo
    Options
    I’m just wondering if I get another payment 
  • galowo
    Options
    Hi why did you delete my comments about my payment dates to help people try and figure out I put them on
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @galowo Apologies!  I tried to merge your two threads (to keep everything in one place) however the poll wouldn't merge so was left on it's own.  

The comment missing from this thread of yours is:
    I was paid my last PIP 13th July, award ended 16th.
    Apologies again.

• galowo
    Options
    I was paid my last PIP 13th July, award ended 16th. Will I be paid again anyone? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,663 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is paid in arrears.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• galowo
    Options
    So I expect one more payment 
  • calcotti
    Options
    For a few days.
  • galowo
    Options
    PIP was my only income and it ended on the 15th July will I receive another payment? I’ve asked before on here but still not sure as many people are unsure too.. I have no income so I’m worried now

i am sending MR back as it stopped (0) points blah blah.

I was last paid 14th July 

Was that my last payment or am I due another 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.