Placed in the LCWRA group following assessment - what am I entitled to? what happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Placed in the LCWRA group following assessment - what am I entitled to? what happens next?

Options
Indego123
Indego123 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I started handing in fit notes to Universal Credit last year on the 26th Feb 2020. Three months later in May I was sent the work capability form to fill in which i sent back before the deadline on the 11th June. So for over a year i just continued to hand in my fit notes with no news of an assessment at all. Finally I got a letter last month in June 2021 telling me I finally have a face to face assessment on July 19th 2021. So on Monday I went to the assessment, and on Thursday I received a letter in my journal saying i have been found to have limited capability for work and work related activity and no longer have to hand in fit notes. It says on it that i may get extra money and that they may also owe me money, basically i would just like to know if and what i'm entitled too, and what happens next. I appreciate any insight or answers. Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It’s an extra 343.63 per month. 

There is a 3 month waiting period, so you will be paid from the 4 month you started handing in fit notes. 

Back pay should come separately , they need to go back through all previous months to calculate what they owe. This could take a while. 
  • Indego123
    Options
    Okay thank you very much. I was trying to find out what happens but the government sites can be rather confusing so i appreciate it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    The world of benefits can be confusing but feel free to ask any questions and we will all try our very best to answer them for you. 
  • Indego123
    Options
    Thank you so much.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Indego123 and welcome to our online community.

I'm pleased to hear your claim progressed recently and you've been placed in the LCWRA group.  It's a confusing system to get your head around, I definitely agree!  

As @MarkN88 said, if any other questions occur to you, please fire away as our members are a savvy lot  :)

Just to let you know - I've tweaked the title of your thread to help others better anticipate what it's about and moved it to our Universal Credit category.  Have a lovely Saturday and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cdf99
    cdf99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi I find my self in the same position was told recently via the journal I have LCWRA and I no longer need to provide sick notes and a further letter would follow, my question is it’s been well over 3 months since I applied for uc and filled in the form so have I still got to wait a further 3 months from now until payment, also what happens to my new style ESA I guess this stops? It’s very difficult to understand everything 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It’s three months from when you reported your health condition supported by Fit Notes as already advised by Mark
    MarkN88 said:..There is a 3 month waiting period, so you will be paid from the 4 month you started handing in fit notes
    Your new style ESA will continue. Indeed the amount you receive will increase to £114.10/week. The UC you receive will be continue to be reduced by the ESA you receive.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Indego123
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies, i'm a lot less confused now. :smile:
  • cdf99
    Options
    calcotti said:
    It’s three months from when you reported your health condition supported by Fit Notes as already advised by Mark
    MarkN88 said:..There is a 3 month waiting period, so you will be paid from the 4 month you started handing in fit notes
    Your new style ESA will continue. Indeed the amount you receive will increase to £114.10/week. The UC you receive will be continue to be reduced by the ESA you receive.
    Thanks for your help so am I getting this right would I get the standard allowance of UC plus the LCWRA allowance of £343.63 from universal credit each month. And still get new style ESA at £114.10 a week but this will be treated like earnings and removed from UC 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    cdf99 said: Thanks for your help so am I getting this right would I get the standard allowance of UC plus the LCWRA allowance of £343.63 from universal credit each month. And still get new style ESA at £114.10 a week but this will be treated like earnings and removed from UC 
    Exactly as you say except for the phrase ‘treated like earnings’. ESA is deducted in full, unlike earnings for which there is only a partial deduction.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cdf99
    Options
    calcotti said:
    cdf99 said: Thanks for your help so am I getting this right would I get the standard allowance of UC plus the LCWRA allowance of £343.63 from universal credit each month. And still get new style ESA at £114.10 a week but this will be treated like earnings and removed from UC 
    Exactly as you say except for the phrase ‘treated like earnings’. ESA is deducted in full, unlike earnings for which there is only a partial deduction.
    That’s great thanks for the info appreciate it ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.