Back from Cornwall — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back from Cornwall

Options
Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
edited July 2021 in Coffee lounge
Today is the first time I have really been back on here since getting back from holiday.
My wife and I started out in Penzance for our first week. It was very disappointing. There was very little to do, even the locals said it was well run down. The hotel was not very nice and not disabled friendly. No parking available, just 3 small spaces, none of which were disabled. Owner said it would not be fair to others to provide one. I find it hard to believe that a place as famous as Penzance had so little to do for visitors. It was the first and last time we will go there. Enough said really. We left early and went to Plymouth for the last 2 days. Second week spent in Falmouth. That was much better, much to do, better beach for my wife. More friendly and good access for me in a hotel with great owners.
I did find it hard to get around. First time I have really tested myself in walking with my walker, for two weeks. Now I am suffering quite a bit with pain and feeling unwell from the Kemo I am still getting. So, apologies for not writing much.  

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for telling us about your holiday 

I have been disappointed in the past with Cornwall it is beautiful but everything is so expensive 

One famous village charges for parking then also for going into the village with only access to it is through the gated car park with a pay kiosk 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Dragonslayer No need to apologise for not being around, I'm just sorry to hear your holiday wasn't better  :(  

I've never been to Penzance, but have been close by to St. Ives which is beautiful if not the most accessible spot! It's disappointing to hear the hotel wasn't disabled friendly either; there seems to be a real influx of posts about similar barriers members have come across and it's always frustrating to read. Thank goodness for the positive end in Plymouth and Falmouth.

Try to take it a little easier now. Your body is going through a lot with the chemo so slow and steady wins the race. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,668 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is good to see you back :)

Sorry the first week didn't go so well but I'm glad the second week went better

I have never been to any of those places so interesting to hear your experience of them

I agree take it easy now

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.