Hi everyone, id love to make new friends who I can email, call, text/facetime/pen pal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone, id love to make new friends who I can email, call, text/facetime/pen pal

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Would anyone be interested in making new friends?
Please comment below if interested ?
Comment your name, age, where your from and a interesting fact about yourself
I'll go first : I'm Tammy, I'm 35 from Leicester, one interesting fact about myself is that I have a rare condition. 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33

Thanks for your post and for trying to make friends with our community members. We always appreciate the friendships which form between our community members and the support you provide to each other. If you are trying to make friends on the Scope forums, have you tried to respond to other people's questions and games? These are usually helpful strategies for making friends with our community members
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Addy96
    Addy96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I’m looking for friends, I’m so lonely and desperate since the pandemic, I have mild learning  difficulties and Autism- I need face to face and someone to chat too, I’m 26 and left England for Scotland and it’s been really hard for to make friends!!.. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Addy96

Great to see you are getting involved already, well done. I appreciate it takes courage to reach out, especially initially. It sounds like things are quite tough for you. Please know that you are not alone though. You can be friends with us at Scope! Unfortunately, we are not face to face. However, there are both learning difficulties and autism discussion sections. Many of us have learning difficulties and/or autism. You can find the learning difficulties discussion section at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-difficulties and you can find the autism discussion section at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism. I hope both of these links help!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @L_Volunteer you say you have expertise in pronouns She/Her, what exactly does that mean?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    edited September 2021
    @leeCal
    I may be wrong but I think @L_Volunteer was just stating what pronouns she prefers to be used for herself.
    I have expertise in these things it's easy, just call everyone by their name...lol
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I imagine it's just a statement of @L_Volunteer's pronouns @leeCal, in the same way that I have mine listed in my signature :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    But why? I’d probably never call another poster she or her but if I did I don’t need to be told what to call someone, very odd indeed! I’m a male so call me he or him, what, it’s obvious surely. @Tori_Scope, I suppose if the name of the poster is ambiguous then it’s an idea to say male or female. I’m male for example since in America lee can be a female and male name.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Some people use pronouns that you might not expect them to @leeCal, so it can be good to normalise listing your pronouns so that people aren't accidentally misgendered or anything like that.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Susanfelix
    Susanfelix Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    I would also like to make some friends. My name is Susan, my favourite band is Metallica and I love cat's.??
  • Katiekoo
    Katiekoo Community member, Scope Member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi @Susanfelix, I’m Katie. Nice to meet you. :smile: 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.