Had telephone assessment on the 16th july. Just called going over some of my answers. Anyone else? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had telephone assessment on the 16th july. Just called going over some of my answers. Anyone else?

cmax2021
cmax2021 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have today received a phone call from the assessor that conducted my telephone assessment on the 16th of this month. She phoned and went over some answers and questions from my assessment ???. Has anybody else had this kind of thing happen to them? She said that the dwp was requesting further information?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I have heard of this happening before at least they are being thorough and not just dismissing your claim 
  • cmax2021
    cmax2021 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for your reply. Just thought it was very strange to be honest. Just a waiting of 8 weeks now for decision letter to drop through the door.
  • getthrough
    getthrough Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hello on a slightly related topic I'd like to ask: I was told through my journal ten days ago that I've been put in LCWRA group. Yet they say a work coach is going to call me today...do I have to take calls from a workcoach when I'm unable to work? Thanks

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    They may just be checking in with you nothing to worry about. 
  • getthrough
    Thanks Mark it seems strange to ring someone who has been assessed as unfit to work at all. The citizens advice says you don't have a work coach anymore if you're in LCWRA. I'll post here after she calls, to let forum-users know .
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yeah sure let us know. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I just had a final call off my work coach after I got lcwra 

Was just to say congratulations and wish me well for the future 

• getthrough
    Thanks Jane , literally just at the same moment you messaged, the dwp messaged my journal to say they're NOT going to call me, it's cancelled. 
    This may be the wrong discussion thread but could I just ask can I apply for PIP or do I need to be 'invited" to apply ( I think I read somewhere abt being invited to apply!) 
  • getthrough
    Regarding being invited to apply for PIP: no, you shldnt wait to be invited, I just found out: you simply contact the PIP centre !
    Thanks to Mark and Jane for your replies today.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    getthrough said:.  .. could I just ask can I apply for PIP or do I need to be 'invited" to apply ( I think I read somewhere abt being invited to apply!) 
    DWP will never invite you to apply for PIP unless you already get DLA or have an existing PIP award made by a tribunal which is coming to end.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • getthrough
    Yes, understand now, thanks Calcotti

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.