Back dated payment. I have an IVA- can they take my backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back dated payment. I have an IVA- can they take my backdated payment?

Azmi
Azmi Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi dear. I just need some information about my LCWRA CLAIM. MY 10 Months payment was due. UC send me message in journal.  On last week they said you back dated payment £4631 refer to dabt management. I have just my dabt on my  UC account  £481.And Tax Credits over payment £932. Is they take all or what???.
I have IVA as on  my credit card and bank over draft as well. My question is this  is my IVA can take my backdated payment. £4631.
Thanks for reply. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Your debt to uc and tax credits will be taken from your payment as it is money owed to the dwp 

I'm not sure about IVA  I'm sorry dwp won't be involved in that so they won't take anymore than you owe them buf not sure how IVA works so don't know what happens when it hits your bank account 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    There is this taken from the CAB website, I’m not sure if backdated money will be classed as “coming into money” though. 

If you come into money

If you receive a windfall during your IVA, for example an inheritance, this will usually be taken and paid to your creditors. If you find out that you're due some money because of something that happened before the IVA, your creditors might have the right to claim it too - even if your IVA has finished.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.