Hi, I'm Tresors! I want to work but when I tell employers I have a hip problem they wont hire me. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Tresors! I want to work but when I tell employers I have a hip problem they wont hire me.

Options
Tresors
Tresors Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2021 in Work and employment
I would like to get help .
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @tresors :) It's great to have you with us.

What are you needing help with today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tresors
    Options
    I would like to get help. I stop to work because of health problems and now is mor than 2 years I can't work . I get PIP but I want to get work I don't have qualifications to do setting job. Whole place I ask for job if I tell them I have hip problem they refuse to give me job.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would advise you go to the job centre who have disability coaches who can help with 
    Job search 

Also scope have a job support programme in the employment section you may find useful 
  • Tresors
    Options
    Hey I read tried with job centre but they're never give me that option. So if you can give me any support to leave this situation because it hard for me.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tresors and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to find work.  I think it's great you're determined to find employment so try not to let past setbacks knock you.  Have you applied for many jobs and gotten to interview stage? What type of job are you looking for?

You might benefit from applying to Scope's Support to Work programme.  This is a 12 week free programme designed to help disabled people find work.  To be eligible for the programme you need to:
    • be 16 years or over
    • be looking for a paid job
    • have internet, email and telephone or Skype access
    • live in England or Wales.
    Some of the areas your advisor can help you with include:
    • identifying your strengths and transferable skills
    • developing confidence and job skills like time management
    • reviewing your CV to meet your employment goals
    • how and where to look for jobs
    • mock interviews
    • how to talk to your employer about your impairment and reasonable adjustments
    Unfortunately, Support to Work's systems are down at the moment due to essential upgrade work so they cannot take new applications. But if you are interested, visit the Support to Work webpage on/after Friday 30 July to register your interest.

Just to let you know, I amended the title of your thread and moved it to our Employment and careers category to make it more visible to other members.  Good luck and keep us posted with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 563 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome to the community,

I had the same problem a while ago and was looking for work, as soon as I mentioned I had Autism I never heard back or got considered. As soon as I didn't mention it, I got interviews and eventually a job (that didn't last long due to my health). I wouldn't advise not telling them as eventually it leads to problems like I had. But it just shows that discrimination still goes on in the workplace and its so wrong.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and I hope you find work soon or a decent employer that accepts you for who you are.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.