ESA phone assessment today - what happens next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA phone assessment today - what happens next?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
After 13 months on ESA with no assessment, I finally had a telephone assessment this morning. I told them all I could do, I clearly meet the 15pts descriptor, but whether the medical professional who assessed me thinks that who knows yet? I even had a telephone assessment as mobility issues prevent me from going anywhere.

How long does it take from assessment to receiving a decision? And will the "award" be backdated?

As I am currently dealing with Universal Credit too atm (1 payment received), as I need to support myself with something until my ESA decision is made.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

They suggest 8 weeks for a decision but there are no fixed timescales 

You should be backdated to 4 mobtgs after you reported the medical condition and provided fit notes 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    If you are put in the Support Group you will be entitled to the Support Group component from the 14th month of your ESA award. Your ESA award should also then be reinstated and you will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the first day of your UC claim (due to being in ESA Support Group at the time you claimed UC).

Depending on your household circumstances you may still be entitled to some UC alongside the ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.