Good week for doing ….. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good week for doing …..

Duninn
Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
I made 1/2lb butter this morning - used the mixer but separating draining butter milk before pressing into mould was enough exercise.  I feel I have achieved something good today!  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done 

Never tried making my own butter 

Hope it's nice 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    I don’t know about this week but today is definitely a good day to nail down the hatches, if youre in the south that is. Storm Evert is on its way with up to 75 mph winds and heavy rain according to sky news.

best wishes ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Duninn
    It’s windy + threatening rain here but nothing like yesterday’s storms.  
  • Duninn
    @janer1967 - it’s easy especially with a mixer. I googled homemade butter and thought I want to try that.  I’ve had it on toast and it’s wonderful.  Give it a go. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A good achievement for sure @Duninn :) I'd never even thought of making my own butter before really. I'm going to attempt some baking this weekend- white chocolate and raspberry muffins, and some blackberry tartlets. My track record with baking is... iffy, but I've got someone baking with me so we'll see how they turn out!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Duninn
    Sounds great - enjoy!  I have only recently started doing small things - m partner usually intervenes because I burn myself, drop pots, pans + things and end up making a wet kitchen. But recently found a gluten free recipe for orange cake, lemon cake + rhubarb crumble. My hands + fingers get the exercise and belly gets full. Butter was a random find, never thought of it either - again, upper arm strength exercise.  The butter itself is lovely, as good as supermarket and I’ll do it every time I need new - a tub of double cream!.  I hope you get as much pleasure and satisfaction as I did! 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    All sounds delicious @Duninn :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.