PIP award due to end Aug 21. Have tel assessment next week. Will PIP continue until decision made? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award due to end Aug 21. Have tel assessment next week. Will PIP continue until decision made?

Options
anth22
anth22 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning i need some advise for my daughter please,her PIP was due to end in January 2021 but has been extended until end off August 2021. She has had a medical assessor contact her 3 times the first 2 the assessor called off due to my daughter having and recovering from covid on her 3rd appointment the assessor refused to go ahead with the assessment as my daughter had no one with her for support and the assessor felt she should have.
My daughter has now been given a new telephone assessment for nextweek what she needs to know is will her PIP end in August or will it continue until PIP have made a decision? Thank you for any advise you can give.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

If no decision has been made by then yes her pip will end 

Thats why they allow 6 months for a claim to be reviewed so the review is complete before the end date 

It might be worth a call to them to explain 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anth22

Here's the government webpage which has PIP's contact details.  It may take a while to get through on the telephone (some members find it best to call first thing on a morning) but I'd encourage you to contact them to explain the circumstances and get advice on the status of your daughter's PIP award if a decision isn't arrived at in time.

I've amended your thread title to help others in the same position and wish your daughter well for her PIP assessment.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • anth22
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your replies can i please just ask one more thing if her PIP was extended until 22nd August would she still get her next payment which is due the 19th August, thank you.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears, then yes, your daughter should get her next payment due on the 19th August @anth22
  • anth22
    Options
  • anth22
    Options
    My daughter has just had her assessment this morning the assessor asked did she mind someone who is training to listen in on the assessment my daughter said that was ok, is that normal practice for that to happen?. Her assessment seemed to go well just the waiting game now does anyone know when we should request a copy off the assessors report, Thank you.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, we have had several members mentioning that they had a person training listening to how an assessment is done. Pleased the assessment seemed OK. You can just wait for her decision letter, however, if you want the assessor's report, you may get a text saying the DWP have it, otherwise wait about a week before ringing. Tel: 0800 121 4433
  • anth22
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.