LCWRA and Working Full Time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and Working Full Time

Options
JazzieJo
JazzieJo Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited July 2021 in Work and employment
Hi Guys!

Before working, I was on UC in the LCWRA group and got PIP enhanced rates.  Will I lose my LCWRA now? Is this more likely the longer I stay in the job? 

I read here pg 2: 
https://www.welfare-benefits-unit.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Universal-Credit-Working-when-you-have-limited-capability-for-work-FINAL-VERSION.pdf

That 'You can still be accepted as having limited capability for work/work-related activity regardless of the number of hours you work or how much you earn if:
• you are entitled to Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Armed Forces Independence Payment 

I don't know how reliable this is because it is from 2016 but is this correct?

Does anyone have any experience with working full time and keeping your LCWRA?

How long did you work until a reassessment or they found you fit to work? 

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once you have been found to have LCWRA there are no limits on the hours you work or how much you earn. However common sense says that the longer you work the more likely it is that DWP will wish to reassess you. Whether or not you get a disability benefit as well is not relevant.
    The significance of having a disability benefit is that you cannot be referred for a Work Capability Assessment in the first place if you have earnings greater than 16 x NMW unless you receive a disability benefit.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.