PIP and LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and LCWRA

Options
yoohyeoniee
yoohyeoniee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I have just had my PIP assessment today. I was awarded LCWRA about 3 months ago and have been waiting to claim PIP since February. If I get a PIP award will I be paid the whole backdated amount or only the amount up until I was awarded LCWRA. Another quick question. When can I request the assessment report. Thank you all for your help. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    PIP and the LCWRA element of UC are completely separate. Each one has no impact on the other. You will get whatever arrears of PIP are due (if any).

You can request the report within a few days. My opinion is that getting the report serves no useful purpose but I know many on the forum would disagree.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • yoohyeoniee
    yoohyeoniee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    @calcotti thank you for your reply. Does that mean I will get both LCWRA and PIP payments or is there a cap which restricts the amount of benefits I can get
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

If you ate awarded pip then yes you will get both pip and lcwra 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @calcotti thank you for your reply. Does that mean I will get both LCWRA and PIP payments or is there a cap which restricts the amount of benefits I can get
    There is a benefit cap. If it applies to you it would reduce the UC payment you receive (you shouldn't think of LCWRA as a separate benefit - it is simply part of the calculation of your UC award).

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap
    The benefit cap tends to impact those with children.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.