Early Review for Pip ( just sharing. To help alleviate stress) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Early Review for Pip ( just sharing. To help alleviate stress)

Options
cat_hug
cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
I was due to have a review in 4 years after being award just the mobility component of Pip after transition from DLA.

I've managed to get a support worker who is lovely and has helped with Pip review due to worsening health. So fingers crossed it goes better this time.

Still trying to find a way to do judicial review for first Pip appeal which has been ongoing since the transition began in 2018 ( lifetime DLA middle care/low mobility)

Contacted a firm of Lawyers in London (Osborne?) But haven't managed to get hold of anyone thus far, which is frustrating beyond belief.

Hoping and praying I get a better outcome this time around and get awarded Daily living. Just don't understand how much worse things have to get before you can get help?

Just venting a little and sharing the ongoing saga that is my fight for pip. Don't know if  I can cope with another knockabout to be honest, so trying to stay cautiously optimistic until I hear the outcome of this early review.

But of a Schrodinger Cat situation. Until or unless I hear otherwise, there is still hope? Or am I being unrealistic?

Lifelong neurological condition, previous brain aneurysm, two strokes following the aneurysm, another small stroke recently, a tachycardia arrhythmia which is proving difficult to treat, unexplained episodes of losing consciousness resulting in head injuries, laceration, burns, ( needing inpatient admission for a week and then a second time for 10 days recently).

Losing weight and stress and anxiety resultant of the health situation being compounded by the struggle with dwp. 

Another cardio procedure in May and eye surgery in June to try correct eyelid droop ( due to Horners Syndrome).

Honestly just don't understand how much worse things have to be to get pip daily living? Please say a prayer (if you don't believe in a higher power, I'll take any positivity or good luck you can send my way ? )

Hope everyone is ok. I know @woodbine has thankfully not had the same experience as I have, which is heartening to hear. I also hope my experience of this 'journey' is more the exception and not the rule.

Anyway, my support worker contacted me to tell me my form has been submitted now ( which I'm both relieved about but also dreading in case I lstill don't get awarded Daily living living or wose, lose what I'm getting currently (enhanced mob)

Lost out on award for Daily living by one point last time. Wish me luck because I feel like I imagine a death row inmate might feel awaiting a last minute stay of execution.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear of all your health issues, good luck with your pip application 
    chin up ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not sure I remember making comments but I do post a lot.
    It has to be remembered that PIP isn't awarded for illnesses or conditions but for care/mobility issues that arise v the descriptors, it differs in many ways from DLA.
    Fingers crossed you get the award.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cat_hug
    Options
    @leeCal and @woodbine. Thanks for your well wishes. Xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cat_hug How are you today?

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing.  I know it's been so lengthy and amidst a lot of personal health challenges for you :(  I'm sending all positive thoughts, wishes and prayers your way and will keep my fingers as tightly crossed as possible for a good outcome.

Please keep leaning on our community for support whenever you need us  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cat_hug
    Options
    Thank you @Cher_Scope. Much appreciated. Hope you are keeping OK. Hugs. Cat Xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.