Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Sweetpea8
Sweetpea8 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm waiting for a PIP assessment I was wondering if anyone can give tips this will be 2nd Try for me and 2nd try for my dad he my appointee now.

Like what kind of questions do they ask 

And how should I answer them?
As I want to prepare 

Comments

• Sweetpea8
    Hi I am waiting for another PiP assessment it will be my 2nd try and my dad 2nd Try as my appointment 

So what kind of questions do they ask ?

And how should I answer the questions?

Also I feel I messed up a but on the how your disability affects you form 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    There are no standard questions but they will explore the difficulties you have.
    You answer truthfully but try and avoid yes/no answers. If they say ‘can you do ... ‘ your answer should be along the lines of ‘i find it difficult to do that because ...’
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sweetpea8
    Thanks I also feel I messed on on the form when I sent that
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add, that if you haven't done so before, have a look at the PIP activities/descriptors: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf    As well as calcotti's advice, look at the notes at the end of this link, which mention whether you can do something reliably, i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as it would be expected a person without a disability would normally do, & in a reasonable amount of time. So, if any of those might be relevant, they should also be added to why you find an activity difficult

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.