Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

If you knew you couldn’t fail?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
just for fun what is the one thing (or more) that you’d love to do if you knew you definitely couldn’t fail! 

Success guaranteed!

Me? I’d have asked Faith Hill out on a date when she was single. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, I like your question!
    I would definitely buy a lottery ticket knowing the jackpot would be guaranteed!!! I have very big plans and they require big capital. I don't see the banks rushing to lend me anything (my bank won't even allow me an overdraft and I've been with them for 30 years!). So, since we are talking in the hypothetical land of daydreams, mine will have to be some sort of windfall!!!! 
  • leeCal
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @Oxonlady off topic slightly but banks will lend you money if you can prove you don’t need it ?

i like the lottery idea, hadn’t thought of that!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Options
    PS. @leeCal, I looked up Faith Hill, yes she's a very attractive and talented lady! 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,936 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Become a pilot in the RAF. :)

...or guess the lottery numbers :D 

Does it have to be realistic? Can I attempt to jump to the moon and succeed? :D 
  • leeCal
    Options
    Anything you like @66Mustang, let your imagination run riot! ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Being the founding member of a multi-platinum selling band
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Study a law degree 

Manage a property build

Run a b&b in the lake district 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,088 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Become leader of the Labour party !  B)

2024 Election won

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Buy a house by the sea and complete my 6 year psychology and counselling degree which starts in October 
  • leeCal
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Some great ideas here, thanks everyone ?

i have another, to live in a log cabin in the wilderness of Canada...for several years.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, you've really stimulated people's imagination with your question and there have been some wonderful replies. I wish everyone the best of luck with their wishes!
    It's good to keep daydreaming!
    For me even being able to walk again might seem impossible (the neurosurgeon has told me so) but I'm not giving up, somehow, I'm going to walk again... 
    I have an Art Project to complete, for which I need the use of my legs and arms. I may not be able to do it right now but I believe in miracles. If I ever manage to get well it truly will be a miracle. And if I ever manage to have my canvasses exhibited that will be a second miracle! 
    Maybe if I could afford private healthcare (from my lottery win!!!) I might have a better chance of getting better but I'll never stop hoping and daydreaming! 

• leeCal
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Keep the Faith @Oxonlady, I wish a miracle for you ? 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,497 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would own a farm and plough the fields with my tractor, supply the local shops and have barn parties, of course, the farm house would be a big one. Tend to all the animals and have loads of cats.
    I would also be a successful author 
  • leeCal
    Options
    It’s good story already @Sandy_123!?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,497 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lol shame its not real
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,781 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well, my first answer is quite depressing.  :#

So second answer would be to become a Doctor of Engineering.  :)
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    To actually be good at sport…I’m terrible! 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @janer1967 you can still do your law degree on open University if its something you realy want to do I will be 64 when I complete my degree  but its worth it 
  • leeCal
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @MarkN88 I remember one sports day at secondary school winning the 100 metres...trouble was it was a 400 metre race ? did I look stupid plodding in last by a country mile. I vowed that day that I’d never experience such shame again through running, and I’ve never run since. ?

It was my my own fault I just hadn’t practised running 400 metres. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,936 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    leeCal said:
    @MarkN88 I remember one sports day at secondary school winning the 100 metres...trouble was it was a 400 metre race ? did I look stupid plodding in last by a country mile. I vowed that day that I’d never experience such shame again through running, and I’ve never run since. ?

It was my my own fault I just hadn’t practised running 400 metres. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. 
    Ha ha, I had a similar experience during a school sport lesson where I actually scored a goal in football. I was initially confused as to why no one tried to defend the goal then realised I'd kicked it into my team's goal!!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.