Pa4 received, lots of questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pa4 received, lots of questions

Options
buddy85
buddy85 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
So previously I was on enhanced mobility and no daily living award
Sent review forms in February 2021 and had review last week
Received pa4 yesterday and although I know that's not the final decision they have advised standard daily living and standard mobility,  which means I've gained on daily living and lost out on mobility 
First question are both components backdated to February?
If so does that mean I have to pay back any mobility component from February I might be overpaid and also will the living component be backdated to February,  it's very confusing 

Next question whilst awaiting the decision letter can I appeal against the pa4
Main reasons being the  recommended mobility award and also length of award , I've gone from having in the past 3 awards, 3 years,  3 years and5 years to a new recommended 18 months award ??, I actually  cant believe that recommendation 

Finally mandatory reconsideration if decision  agrees with pa4
I only want to appeal the mobility and length of award, will they look at everything and do I risk losing the whole award ?
Sorry for the very long questions and sure I will have more

Finally do the DWP normally  go with PA4 recommendations?

Thanks and best wishes to everyone 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    If the review was initiated by DWP the decision applies from the date it is made, not backdated.

You cannot start Mandatory Reconsideration until you have decision letter. You can however ring PIP and make comments on the assessment report if you wish. Any new DM looking at the claim will review the whole award but unlikely to reduce what has been awarded.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They normally do go with the assessment report although not always, you can do an MR for the award length, your best bet now is to sit back and await the DM's decision before deciding what to do next. As this is review there will be no back-dating.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• buddy85
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies most helpful

And although I didn't specify how long I thought the award should be, I did tell them because of my numerous conditions, some of which are incurable I am unlikely to improve and my doctor backs this up with a supportive letter
  • buddy85
    Options
    calcotti said:
    If the review was initiated by DWP the decision applies from the date it is made, not backdated.

You cannot start Mandatory Reconsideration until you have decision letter. You can however ring PIP and make comments on the assessment report if you wish. Any new DM looking at the claim will review the whole award but unlikely to reduce what has been awarded.
    Thanks for your comments,  but could you explain to me what you mean by saying you can ring pip and make comments on the assessment report?.
    Do I just phone the normal pip number and ask for my comments regarding length of award and points scored and ask for them to be added to my report? And do you think they will take this into consideration before making the award ?
    Thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    buddy85 said:..but could you explain to me what you mean by saying you can ring pip and make comments on the assessment report?.
    Do I just phone the normal pip number and ask for my comments regarding length of award and points scored and ask for them to be added to my report? And do you think they will take this into consideration before making the award ?
    You can ring and say that you have seen the report and want to make some additional comments which you would like taken into account by the Decision Maker when they make the decision. Make sure they have accurately recorded what you have said.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.