Why is China getting away with murder infecting the world with the virus? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why is China getting away with murder infecting the world with the virus?

Options
24Superman
24Superman Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2021 in Coffee lounge
Why is China getting away with murder infecting the world with the virus. Why are we suffering and when will it be some kind of retribution. 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @24Superman just because the covid 19 virus started in China doesn't mean there are/were to blame, and what sort of retribution are you looking for?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @24Superman. It's important not to place the blame on the Chinese people in terms of the coronavirus outbreak, as it wasn't their fault. Many citizens of China have unfortunately died as a result of the pandemic. I believe there have been loose discussions around whether the Chinese government will face consequences for their management of the virus, but I'm not sure if anything has been decided. Imposing sanctions on a country isn't simple or necessarily always the best thing to do, and it would also be incorrect to say that the Chinese government are the only government who've mishandled the pandemic. The focus right now should be on minimising the spread of the virus globally, and preventing death and illness caused by it.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    Well said.
    There have been thoughts, especially from the USA that China released the virus on purpose. This has not been proven and seems unlikely according to scientists. If it were true then yes, some sort of action needs to take place. Because of the secrecy surrounding the Chinese government they did at first cover up how bad it all was over there. I believe this was to try and contain it. But they have suffered along with the rest of us and many of them have died. I agree we now all need to work together to get rid of it from the world. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.