Oh my. TVs have been down for hours. We've been keeping busy this afternoon — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Oh my. TVs have been down for hours. We've been keeping busy this afternoon

Options
alex19
alex19 Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
edited August 2021 in Coffee lounge
Well everyone's TVs where I live have been down for past 5 hours this is due to a transmitter getting struck by lightning and catching fire ?? my kids esp the 1s have been upset not been able to watch TV today but I have done what I do best put my cancer screening test to the back of my mind and had a full afternoon of activities etc with them I'm knacked ???? I will possibly climb into bed later and have a good cry when my kids are asleep ??? 

Comments

• alex19
    Options
    That should of said my kids esp the 1s with complex needs bless them 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Years ago we’d use a cardboard box with back cut out as a theatre, coloured and decorated. Then we’d make ‘actors’ from card on sticks and make a little show. Good fun and takes time to make. May fill some time till tv comes back on?
    Just a thought. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• alex19
    Options
    @leeCal thank you we been doing tons of things today I'm worn out ??? goodjob I have plenty of magazines to read in bed haha 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Life without TV ....bliss, I can't remember the last time I watched TV it's worse than boring, give me the radio any day !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• alex19
    Options
    @woodbine I hardly watch TV me I would rather read or do something crafty ?? our radio stations are off aswell it's my children I was on about not me as 3 of my children have complex needs 
  • alex19
    Options
    @Username_removed I'm always busy like I said to @woodbine I would rather read or do crafty things etc I was more concerned for my children esp my children with special needs I myself don't watch much TV anyway!!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.