Invitation to take part in a research interview about your experiences during Covid-19 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Invitation to take part in a research interview about your experiences during Covid-19

Options
Alex_UCL
Alex_UCL Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Research and opportunities
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex Burton and I'm a researcher at University College London. We are interested in speaking to people with a sensory impairment or physical disability that affects their mobility or motor skills about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted mental health, wellbeing and access to support. The interview will last around 45 minutes and take place via video or telephone call. More information about the study can be found here: (www.covidsocialstudy.org/qual-study) or if you would like to register your interest in taking part you can contact Alex by email: (a.burton@ucl.ac.uk) or sign up here: (www.tinyurl.com/C19socialstudy) and a researcher will be in touch. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to hearing from you! Alex

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Alex_UCL

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

Thank you for thinking of us when carrying out your research, it sounds really interesting. 

Before we can allow your URL and contact details on the community please can you fill out the attached form and return it to community@scope.org.uk. It is just something for our records and to give you the chance to explain a bit more about your study, so that we can verify its' safety for our members.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Just for the record my Mental Health didn't suffer from the unnecessary Covid panics (because we are now doing what I said we should do from the start). My only issue was the number of times people here and on FB people castigated me for telling the truth and predicting accurately what would and would not happen with Covid in it's multiplicity.
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alex_UCL

Just to let you know, I've updated your original post with the relevant contact links and removed a duplicate thread to avoid confusion.  Good luck with your study and participant recruitment.

To confirm, the details of this research have been checked and verified as safe for members to participate in.

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.