My thoughts on getting an ADHD diagnosis at 40 years old. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My thoughts on getting an ADHD diagnosis at 40 years old.

markallan
markallan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I wanted to share my story as I know first hand how ADHD can seriously affect your life. One week ago I was diagnosed at 40 years old and it literally is the final piece of the puzzle. It literally explains everything. I wanted to share my story so anybody that is waiting to be assessed or has been assessed may resonate with parts with my story and all of my story I don’t know. I had a good response from Facebook group so I thought I would share here and I hope to learn a lot here so anybody that is suffering from ADHD peaceful free to get in touch as I am interested to know about your experiences so I can get to understand this condition quickly and learn to counteract these horrible symptoms that have literally ruined chapters of my life https://youtu.be/q1fPIo_o5D0

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Hi @markallan and a warm welcome to our community, how are you doing? 

Thank you for sharing your Youtube video and story with us about getting an ADHD diagnosis, I found it a really insightful and emotive view.  It sounds like a lot of life experiences are now beginning to make sense for you with the confirmation of being neuro-diverse, and I think diagnoses of any kind can often bring a sense of relief and 'ahhhh', like the jigsaw piece you had been looking for, for a while.

Well done on speaking your truth and I wish you the best for the future :)

Just to let you know, I've amended the title of your thread to make it more visible to others with ADHD and moved it to our 'Neurological conditions' category.  Feel free to browse this and join in any conversations you wish.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.