Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Too much caketotally

Options
tonyt
tonyt Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, has anyone experienced going tachycardic after eating too much cake,
I was told i am pre diabetic some years ago after a change of diet and habits total cut out sugar i don't have any issue.
However occasionally like today i eat more than my fair share of a homemade lemon drizzle cake,
An hour later my pulse is 172bpm. Stayed like that for a few hours.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,661 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi there, I haven't experienced that to be honest after eating  cake, have you spoke to your dr about it? 
  • tonyt
    tonyt Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    No, i had a catheter ablation 18months ago,
    To correct afib so fast heart rate is something i have had before.
    And has it has now settled down assuming i don't over do the cake i should be ok
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 
    I have this feeling if my blood sugar goes too high 

I am diabetic and have been for over 30 years 

It is usually followed with extreme tiredness in my case eg just nod off 

I'm not giving medical advice or suggesting anything as everyone has different symptoms but think you should get it checked out with your gp to be on the safe side 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Only time I have heard of that happening is in hyperactivity not saying that's what's happening with you it happens with three of my children even in adulthood  

My advice is to seek medical advice as it could be any number of things hope you get things sorted out 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tonyt

How has your pulse been since yesterday?  It can feel unsettling when our hearts begin to race so I hope everything has settled down. 

To keep on the safe side and exclude the possibility that anything else might have contributed to your tachycardia, I'd encourage you to contact your GP (as others have advised) to let them know and get their professional opinion.  

Please keep us posted with how you get on and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.