If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Haribo15! LCWRA 1st payment: when will I get arrears from + when will I receive it?

Options
Haribo15
Haribo15 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi looking at all the comments on these sites and all seem mixed messages . Can anyone tell me where I stand here . I put my first sick note in on 5th November 2020.had my maledical and got lcfwra on 9thaugust 2021 will tube back dated  to the 5th november 2020. ? It stated I'll here off them within 7 days . Is that 7 working days or 7days ? Also will I have notification of anything owed on the 7th day. And any idea wen I will actually recive it. And my first payment please
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

The 7 days they quote isn't usually realistic tbh 

You should get first payment in your next uc payment 

Backpay will take longer 
    You get backpay from the 4th month after reporting your health condition so it depends in your assessment period dates 

Bur roughly will be from either March or April you are owed back pay 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Haribo15 and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you today?

A lot of people get confused by the LCWRA process so I'm glad you found us and @janer1967 was able to help.  If you want to tell us your assessment period dates we can work out when you will receive arrears from.

Please ask away with any other questions, and just to advise, I've amended your thread title to show your questions and moved it to our Universal Credit category.  Have a lovely Sunday.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Would that be from wen I filled in the assesment form
  • Haribo15
    Options
    My first sick not went in around 5th november 2020  I had my medical last monday . I filled in my assesment forms in march 2021 .and thanks for reply so I'll have my first payment on the date I recive my universal credit ?? And backdated after this ??
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Your backdated amount will be a separate payment and may take a while to process as UC will need to go back to every assessment period and recalculate. 
  • Haribo15
    Options
    I'm not sure what u mean buy assesment period. 
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Is assesment periods the dates of my sick notes individually 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Haribo15 said:
    Would that be from wen I filled in the assesment form
    No, as janer said, it's from when you reported your health condition.
    Haribo15 said:
    I'm not sure what u mean buy assesment period. 
    'Assessment period' is the term used for your monthly UC period on which your UC payments are based.

If you reported your health condition in November you will likely be due the extra money from March or April, as janer advised.

What day of the month do you get your UC payments?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Haribo15
    Options
  • Haribo15
    Options
    23rd is my date for uc 
  • calcotti
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Paid on 23rd means your assessment period (AP) is 17th to 16th of the month.
    You reported your health condition in the Oct - Nov AP.
    The waiting period is Nov - Dec, Dec - Jan and Jan - Feb.
    The LCWRA element is payable for Feb - March which is the March payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Ok thanks for the info .so dose this mean I'll get first payment on the 16th17th of September. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    If may be included in your August payment depending on how quickly they process. You will get a separate payment for arrears due from March onwards.
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Hi yea included in my next payment  they said they would update me in my journal in 7 days of any owning amounts that was a week ago monday  so it's been 10 days   and I havent heard anything . 
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Hi can u help   I've not heard back so I gave them a call today and its still being reviewed 9n how much 8m owed top up. They also told me I've been under paid 82.a month x7 .would that be because I'm paying benefit cap or would th8s be a covid payment or something 
  • Haribo15
    Options
    Or could it be that back in November 2020 before then I was paying 120 a month benefit cap and since being on universal credit it's been 212 and 220 benefit cap . I'm confused lol
  • calcotti
    Options
    Haribo15 said:
    Hi can u help   I've not heard back so I gave them a call today and its still being reviewed 9n how much 8m owed top up. They also told me I've been under paid 82.a month x7 .
    Can't explain the £82. You will have to wait to see what they say. Be aware that when they prepare revised statements these will replace the existing statements on your journal. If you want to be able to refer to them so that you can compare new and old statements you should download the old statements now before they are overwritten.
  • Haribo15
    Options
  • karenz
    karenz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Are they exempted me from benefit cap it's not 82 its 220 missed payments . They have said now I'll be issued backdate today .Will I have to wait for it or dose it go straight into my bank today 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    karenz said:
    Are they exempted me from benefit cap it's not 82 its 220 missed payments . They have said now I'll be issued backdate today .Will I have to wait for it or dose it go straight into my bank today 

Once payment has been made if it's not a fast payment it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.