Autism/OCD: Destroying Bedding — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism/OCD: Destroying Bedding

jpatchhhh
jpatchhhh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello all, I am a residential supervisor of a group home that houses an older gentleman who has an OCD and Autism diagnosis. Recently, he has acquired a new ritual in which his bedding does NOT last for more than a few days at a time. He will strip his bed entirely and proceed to rip up the entire set of sheets and comforter. To alleviate the cost of purchasing bedding sets for him, we recently have been giving him a throw blanket to use in place of a comforter. This also does not last. We have tried disposable bedding, as in massage table covers, but he takes them off the mattress right away and discards them. All he is sleeping on currently is a vinyl, water-proof mattress protector. 

Anyone else out there have a similar case or any suggestions?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Has anything changed about his bedding or the detergent/fabric softener used?

I know my son who is autistic would get upset about things like that and would only like brushed cotton sheets on his bed.

Hopefully some more will be able to advise.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.