If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Should I include photos of me bruised from physical abuse as evidence? Your thoughts please?

Options
Cress
Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So I have asked for my PIP daily living standard award to be looked at again.

My problems were, on the whole, mental health ie depression and anxiety, with horrific panic attacks.

Part but not all of this was because of physical abuse towards me by my son who has various LD problems autisim and epilepsy.
In my first application I alluded to this, but not as to how severe it was, as, obviously I was worried about causing waves, as it were.

But as some of you will know I did in the end have to call police which resulted in my son being sectioned...there is a happy ending, in that he is now living in supported accomadation with carers and his future is looking a whole lot better.

My mental health deteriorated further hence asking for a review.
I have felt able to go into more detail about the abuse and have photographs of me where you couldn't put a pin in between the bruises.

So should I include these as evidence?
Or is it too much?
I've asked elsewhere about this but would like your opinions, if you have any...

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cress for my tuppence any evidence that is relevant and recent is quite acceptable, as is the fact that the situation as it unravelled has had a massive impact on you mental health.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

2024 Election won

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for responding @woodbine :)

Yes, it has had a massive impact given it went on for so long.

I was just torn as to weather the photographs would be a bit OTT or dramatic...lol

I will let all know the outcome.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.