I have a few health conditions and am struggling to work. What income help can I get? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a few health conditions and am struggling to work. What income help can I get?

Options
jedijordan
jedijordan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I am currently looking for advice, I have suffered with ankylosing spodylitis for 20 years now, and on top of that just had cancer, luckily had surgery tumour removal etc and chemo treament and was given all clear in 2019, this combined with my AS has effected my health massively, iron issues, cortisol issues, taking immune supressants amongst huge pain relief and anti inflammatories, I recently suffered uveitis making my blind in one eye! slowly recovering now after long time steriod drugs, it goes on, i have worked full time all my life with these aliments only taking several months out during cancer surgery recovery! im 42 next week and have been back fulltime 40 hours from 2019, I am struggling to carry on working theses hours there isnt an option with my employer to work part time,so would have to leave my job that ive worked at for 23 years. I cant continue to work full time my health/body just cant cope, that along with countless hospital appointments at 3 hospitals every month, what income help can I get im lost. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I suggest first of all you get signed off by your gp and get paid any sick pay you are entitled to 

Ask to be referred to oh for a work place assessment who will recommend options 

You should look at the company medical dismissal policy as they may compensate 

Are you in a work pension if so could look into ill health retirement 

As for benefits I would try a benefits calculator found on gov website as it all depends on your household circumstances 

You may also want to look into pip and if you may qualify you can get pip whether you are working or not 

Any further questions just ask 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.