extra severe disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

extra severe disability premium

Options
darrel22
darrel22 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hello,  can anyone help me to see if i am entitled to extra severe disability  premium ?   I get  ESA and pip  and i have just moved  back home with my mother who is in a rented house , my mother was on ESA and pip but she has since  moved over to pension credit  .

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is your ESA income based ESA or new style ESA?
    If your ESA is income based ESA and you both get Daily Living PIP and nobody receives Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC  for looking after you. then you can get the SDP in your ESA (if you are the only adults in the house).
    Your mum can also get SDP in her Pension Credit if nobody receives Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC  for looking after her.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • darrel22
    Options
    I get income based ESA ,  we both get PIP i get daily and mobility enhanced rate , nobody receives Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC  for us ,  you said  if you are the only adult in the house but i am not the only adult ,  i am an adult and my mum is so does this mean i don't qualify for it? 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    I can't be sure, but someone will be able to answer.
    As far as I'm aware if the other adult is also on PIP then you would still qualify.

• calcotti
    Options
    darrel22 said:
    I get income based ESA ,  we both get PIP i get daily and mobility enhanced rate , nobody receives Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC  for us ,  you said  if you are the only adult in the house but i am not the only adult ,  i am an adult and my mum is so does this mean i don't qualify for it? 
    No I didn't
    calcotti said:
    ..if you are the only adults in the house
    You and mum are the only adults so you are both entitled to SDP, you in your ESA and her in her pension credit.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • darrel22
    Options
    calcotti said:
    darrel22 said:
    No I didn't
    calcotti said:
    You and mum are the only adults so you are both entitled to SDP, you in your ESA and her in her pension credit.

they sent a form out to me but wasn't going to bother filling it in as i didn't think i would be entitled, but i will fill it in now,  Thanks for your help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    darrel22 said:
    calcotti said:
    darrel22 said:
    No I didn't
    calcotti said:

they sent a form out to me but wasn't going to bother filling it in as i didn't think i would be entitled, but i will fill it in now,  Thanks for your help.
    Get your mum to contact Pension Credit too if she is not already getting the SDP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.