Do you know the signs of prostate cancer? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you know the signs of prostate cancer?

Options
RyanMason
RyanMason Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Many guys experience no signs or symptoms of prostate cancer, so regular visits to your medical professional are essential to identify whether prostate cancer screening is right for you. The most typical symptoms of prostate troubles are problems with urination. If urination happens in fits and begins, if the need is immediate, if it is hard to completely empty the bladder, or if the urge to pee wakes you up, you might have an enlarged or irritated prostate that could be triggered by prostate cancer or another prostate problem.

When prostate cancer spreads, it typically moves into lymph nodes and into bones. Bone pain or bone fractures that occur without an obvious explanation could be signs of metastatic prostate cancer. If you have any of the following signs, call your physician.

Need to urinate more frequently than usual.

The prostate might be enlarged and pressing on the urethra, causing a feeling of a need to urinate. It's also possible you haven't been able to empty your bladder fully, which causes it to fill up faster and triggers a much more regular need to urinate.

Problem in urinating

The prostate might be bigger and pressing on the urethra, interrupting the flow of urine.

Weak flow of pee

The prostate may be enlarged and pressing on the urethra, disturbing the flow of urine.

Unpleasant or burning sensation when peeing.

The prostate might be enlarged and pressing on the urethra, triggering discomfort.

Blood in the urine or semen

The prostate may be bleeding.

ED or discomfort during ejaculation.

This might be a side effect related to pain caused by an enlarged prostate, or the nerves that control erections may be influenced by cancer.

Consistent bone-related discomfort in the hip or back.

Prostate cancer might have spread to the bones.

Constipation.

Your prostate may be enlarged, causing problems with bowel movements.

Unexplained weight loss, nausea, vomiting, tiredness.

These signs could all be related to prostate cancer.

Weakness in the legs, fecal or urinary incontinence.

A prostate tumor may press on the spinal cord, causing inability to walk, loss of control of your bowels, and troubles emptying your bladder or losing control of your bladder. This signifies a serious clinical emergency that requires immediate treatment.

Leg swellings.

Blocked ureters, the tubes that allow pee to flow from the kidney out of the body, can cause kidney problems that lead to fluid buildup. Enlarged lymph nodes in your pelvis can block the flow of fluid from your legs back to your body and cause swelling too.

Read more on:

https://upguys.com/blog/erectile-dysfunction-and-4-other-warning-signs-of-prostate-cancer

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @RyanMason

Thank you for posting about prostate cancer.  The warning signs are ones we can't speak about enough I find, and informative threads like this help spread the word about what to look out for.  Do you, or a loved one, have experience of living with prostate cancer?  There's no need to reply if you aren't comfortable but I find our passions often lie in that which we've been through.

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our Physical impairments and mobility issues category.  It isn't a perfect fit but I hope it will help your message gain more visibility.  

Take care and thank you again.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cozyplants
    cozyplants Scope Member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Options
    Posts like these are so useful and valuable. Thank you for taking the time to share! Let's hope this reaches lots of people.
  • RyanMason
    Options
    Hi @Cher_Scope
    I'm glad you've found this topic useful.
     Actually, there were people around me who suffered from prostate cancer. But what stresses me out is that my dad has a prostate problem and I'm afraid it could lead to cancer.
    Thanks for your support.
    Take care.
  • RyanMason
    Options
    Hi @cozyplants 
    Happy to be of help!
    Thank you for your feedback :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.