Would I be able to claim PIP for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Would I be able to claim PIP for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome?

ferryjack Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
IV recently been diagnosed with CPPS which is causing me a lot of pain everyday.. IV been told by a specialist that IL be on nerve medication for the rest of my life.. I currently have sole custody of my 2 kids for which I'm getting UC for.. Would I be able to claim for PIP for CPPS and how would I go about it?



  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,400 Scope online community team
    Hello @ferryjack and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you doing today?  

    I'm sorry to hear about your CPPS, it sounds like that causes you a lot of pain.  Are you managing ok?

    PIP isn't awarded based on diagnosis but how a condition impacts your functional ability to carry out the PIP activities reliably, that is to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and in reasonable time.  Here's a link to the Citizens Advice webpage that outlines these, and the descriptors/points in more detail.  You must have also have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for 3 months and expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months.

    Here's the government webpage that explains how to begin claiming PIP, and if you'd like free, independent advice from a welfare advisor, please visit the Advice Local website to find an organisation close to where you live.  

    I've moved your post to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board, but please ask any other questions you might have and we will endeavour to help!  Take care and I hope you have a lovely Thursday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,509 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    Im sorry to hear about your pain

    Great advice given above with useful links 

    Just ask if you have any further questions 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.