If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

UPDATE - Complaint about PIP Assessment Report

Options
Trish2021
Trish2021 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
I posted on 5 August that I had sent off a complaints package to IAS/ATOS after only being awarded 2 points after my PIP assessment in April.

The PIP assessment report and final decision from DWP contained inaccuracies and contradictions and my disability had been very much downplayed, despite all the info I provided during my assessment and in my PIP2 form. 

My complaint was reviewed by a senior clinician at IAS/ATOS who disagreed with the original decision and sent her report to DWP to look at my case again. 

Yesterday I finally received their decision letter saying that I have been awarded Enhanced Mobility.

I am disappointed that I was not awarded anything for Daily Living but I am happy to have received this extra support as it will help me immensely.  
I may appeal the DL component with my support worker as I struggle severely with MH issues but am so exhausted by this process I’m not sure I have the strength. 

I just wanted to post this to let others know that it can be worth the effort to go through the complaints procedure as in my case it had a successful outcome. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Well done and thanks for sharing with us 

Give it a few days to decide if you want to challenge the dl component 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Trish2021 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your mental health at the moment. Is that something you're receiving any support for? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Trish2021
    Options
    @janer1967
     Thank you ?

It was a pleasant surprise to see the payment in my bank account yesterday (back-paid to January when I first applied).

I was only 2 points away from Standard Daily Living so I was a little disappointed.   

I might talk to my support worker re: appeal process for DL when I’m feeling a little less overwhelmed.

• Trish2021
    Options
    @Tori_Scope
    Hi ? I am currently receiving support from my GP (local mental health team seem to be too overstretched/understaffed to lend much support) and taking medication but still struggling with crippling panic attacks and agoraphobia.  I never go out except for my prescription and the only people I speak to are my doctor and chemist.  
    It’s a miserable existence.  ?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.