If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Call from case manager about mr. Do they call everyone?

Options
Alicia89
Alicia89 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had a call from a case manager about mr I put in. It was 10weeks ago. She asked a few questions but I was mega anxious so not sure. I wanted to know do they ring everyone? Or only the ones they are going to give it? Am beyond anxious waiting. She said I'd get a decision by next week. Surely if it was a no they wouldn't ring. It's abit cruel if that's the case. Has anyone had this and still not been awarded. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Snow92
    Snow92 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hey 
    will be following this as I missed a call from them and awaiting my MR decision wondering the same if they only call those they award 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    They call the people that they need clarification from or answers to questions. It does not mean either way you have been successful or not. Your reading too much into it. 
  • Alicia89
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    They call the people that they need clarification from or answers to questions. It does not mean either way you have been successful or not. Your reading too much into it. 
    Ok thank you. She didn't really ask much. Asked weather I've been in hospital or jail. If I've been aboard and weather I was looking for work. And what I was appealing. I didn't really answer well as I was beyond anxious. Tbh I'd rather if I was going to fail that they hadn't rang as it's now just stressful waiting till next week. 
  • kitkat94
    kitkat94 Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Options
    If she asked those kind of questions it's more than likely you got awarded due to the simplicity of them but who knows these days, check your bank account on Thursday because it takes at least 3 days to clear, you usually get the money before the letter. Good luck!
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll keep you all updated. ?
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Well still nothing rang Friday morning to be told no decision has been made. It stresses me out. I just want to know weather it's good or bad. All I keep thinking is that after all of this it'll be a no and I'd have stressed and worried for Notting. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious over this @Alicia89, I can appreciate you've waited a while and that this can make things more stressful. I know it's easier said than done, but try to take your mind off of it for the time being if you can. Have you got anything planned for this weekend? 

Are you receiving any support for your anxiety? It seems as though this is something that's affecting you quite a lot at the moment.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Alicia89
    Options
    @Tori_Scope yeah I think her phoning is what's made me more anxious. I've been trying to colour as that really helps sometimes. They've just changed my meds and I don't have a CBT thearpy for a few more weeks. Going to just try keep busy. A friend is coming to see me and the kids Monday so that should help. Will probably know next week. I can get a little obsessive when I get super anxious which doesn't help.  Thanks for replying ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @Alicia89 :) Changing medications can be difficult, so make sure you look after yourself and keep in touch with your doctor where possible. It's good to hear that you've been able to do relaxing activities like colouring, and that you've got some more sessions of CBT coming up. Have fun with your friend tomorrow!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Well all that stress and anxiety to be told I still failed. Absolute joke. I doubt I'll go tribunal as I don't see the point nar do I have the energy or strength. According to them me feeding and taking my kids to school mean am fine so I must be.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this, although surprised because the questions you said they asked did suggest an award.  There's a much higher success rate at Tribunal and if you can get representation then even better. You do have 13 months to request this so you have time to decide either way. Try this link for help and support with the process.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kitkat94
    kitkat94 Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    Options
    Don't give up! That's what they want you to do, if you feel entitled to it then go for it. Majority people win Tribunal, if you get help from citizens advice then even better! But you'll win it back, and think about all the backpay you'll get when you do get it.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    I when tribunal last time and did win it took about a year and I became so mentally ill. I was a ball of nerve. I feel like people look at me and think Notting is worng. But it's a battle that I've been battling for the past 12 years. It hasn't got better but worst. I think I just don't have it in me. I already feel like I exist just for my kids at the moment. I don't get why she rang if it was going to be a no. Then dragged it out another 3 weeks after. Just all pointless 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Quite confusing to ask you what are considered payment details for a successful claim...and then be refused.
    I would echo what everyone else has said re tribunal...put it out of your mind for a while and then let your fully understandable frustration fuel your tribunal...I'd say you have nothing to lose, but only you know how badly this has affected your mental health...but don't decide just yet.
    Best wishes.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Going to see what the letter Said when it comes and go from there. Hope everyone has a good day. 
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Can you re apply while waiting for tribunal or is it one or the other?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Alicia89 said:
    Can you re apply while waiting for tribunal or is it one or the other?

I wouldn't advise this because any new decision made will overrule the Tribunal decision. Not only that re-applying again using the same evidence you just used will likely see another refusal. If you had to go to Tribunal previously then it's likely to be your claim pack that's at fault here and you're not putting enough of information.

Tribunal waiting times are low at the moment with between 11 and 16 week waiting depending on your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Aww ok thank you very much. I'll see what's in the letter and go from there .
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Just thought I'd drop in and keep everyone updated. I've decided to go tribunal. I decided as when I got my my letter they left out a lot of things. I don't think they even look at the doctor's record and what I disagreed with.  Am still struggling with life and everything but just trying to take it one day a time. Thanks everyone. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alicia89

Thanks for the update and remember we're all here to offer virtual support as you go through the tribunal process.  Did you look into getting representation/advice from an organisation on the Advice Local website?

Also, do you have your CBT appointment soon?  Make sure to speak with your GP about your mood if things ever feel too much in the meantime  <3

Take care and please do keep us posted.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.