Which Perfume/Aftershave do you use? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which Perfume/Aftershave do you use?

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Which Perfume/Aftershave do you use?

I ask the above because I don't see the point in paying over the top for fragrances.
I am not working so money like for most people is tight.
I have always used 
Marks and Spencer Mens Fragrances.
They smell expensive and some are delightful to smell.

So what would you recommend? Thanking you

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I use whatever people buy me for Christmas, or whatever my partner brings home from her job (she sometimes gets those sorts of things as freebies). Honestly, I have no idea what brand / fragrance they are :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Marks and Spencer’s  soliel homme 
    lit was some kind of seasonal special which unfortunately can’t be bought now. It’s a great shame because it’s delightful, and I mean that in a manly way of course. Huc hum.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    I buy the lynxx aftershave daily fragrence. they only cost £6 and are my favourite. I'm not really one for spending lots on aftershave.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    edited August 2021
    Options
    There are many different perfumes I like...at the moment I'm wearing Si.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to perfume and wouldn't touch a  'celebrity' brand with a barge pole...

Having said that I've had a couple of fakes in the past which I thought were pretty good...lol

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,880 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have expensive taste. My all time favourite perfume is J'adore Dior. Expensive but smells beautiful and you only need a very small amount each time so it does last quite a while.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite is clinique aromatics exiler 

Expensive was bought last one for my birthday last year from my bf 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    I buy the smells like perfumes from my local market lol they smell like the expensive ones but for a fiver . I can’t afford expensive perfumes any more . 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When i have a shave i use Old Spice and have done for over 45 years, when it comes to using something to smell good i have three favourites, Aramis and Paco Rabbanne  both of which I have also used for over 45 years and more recently Roger and Gallet and whilst not cheap they last me for a long time.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,022 Pioneering
    edited August 2021
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wear la vive la belle I love the smell  and I like coco  and angel  
  • Lee39
    Lee39 Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    Options
    I don't wear it often but when i do  Issey Miyake or CK One 

My wife wears CK Eternity ?
  • Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    Options
    Hermes - eau d’orange vert
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 284 Pioneering
    Options
    Two main Favourites.

Gucci's Gorgeous Gardenia and Dior's Hypnotic Poison.
    I have a lot of different fragrances but always find myself going back to these two in particular. 

I always appreciate a whiff of fine fragrance on others too.. ?

• Cress
    Options
    Ooh, I love hypnotic poison too, also the pure and original...
    Poison is definitely one of those marmite ones I find...
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 284 Pioneering
    Options
    Ahh the original 80's fragrance -  Poison @Cress
    you could always smell it at least 5 minutes before the person wearing it came in to the room! Along with Giorgio by Beverly Hills.. That stuff was absolutely lethal! And my Mum loved it. ?
  • Cress
    Options
    Luna51 said:
    Ahh the original 80's fragrance -  Poison @Cress
    you could always smell it at least 5 minutes before the person wearing it came in to the room! Along with Giorgio by Beverly Hills.. That stuff was absolutely lethal! And my Mum loved it. ?
    Ha! Very true, could be smelt five minutes before you got anywhere and an hour after you left! :D

I still wear it sometimes and still love it...
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I use my favourite perfumes and body sprays for special occassions. 
  • forstgump
    forstgump Community member Posts: 67 Listener
    Options
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I have 2 perfumes from Calvin Klien one called Eternity and the other called Eternity moment. Although I do love Chanel. I have Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel it is an exclusive luxuriant brand the women love. 

Does anyone think that vegan perfumes/colognes are much better and eco-friendly? Please share your opinions. 

I myself would love to own a collection of vegan perfumes as I own 3 vegan body fragrances and 5 vegan perfumes and I love them. 

My sister loves Paco Rabanne perfumes and they're her favourite brand. 
  • LaylaBass
    LaylaBass Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I have Gucci Bloom perfume. My husband got me it for my birthday 2 years ago. It’s still my favorite perfume, actually. As for the aftershave, I usually take my husband’s Dior Sauvage, but don’t tell him, please, shhh.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.