Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Do you play an Instrument?

Options
Jackson87
Jackson87 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hey, 

I was wondering if there are any people here that play an Instrument? 

Currently I have: 

Cajon (Boxdrum)
Djembe (African Hand drum)
Wooden Bongos

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Jackson

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to play saxophone, but haven't played in quite a few years now. What got you into drumming @Jackson87

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Lee39
    Lee39 Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    Options
    I don't but i have always wanted to play the Piano, such a beautiful instrument.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bass guitar

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Jackson87
    Jackson87 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Giving my brain something to focus on was the main reason.. and I’ve always loved music and percussion.

The Saxophone is a very beautiful sound, may I ask why you haven’t played it in years?
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I didn't take it with me to university, and then just got out of the habit @Jackson87. I suppose I should pick it back up again at some point! I live in a shared house, however, so my housemates may not appreciate me practicing :D 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,689 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would love to learn how to play an instrument, not sure what tho.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reckon I could play the triangle...   ;)

I did start piano lessons around 8 years old, but just wasn't really interested and didn't pursue it.  I'd quite like to play an electric guitar but don't have the reaction speed & dexterity for something like that.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Which ones are you considering @Sandy_123?

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    You could still give it a go @OverlyAnxious. You don't have to go straight in with shredding :D Perhaps starting with a few chords could be the way to go? 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I used to play the violin, also played guitars including electric guitars, and a bit of piano but that was self taught just for fun, I wasn’t very good. 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Reckon I could play the triangle...   ;)

I did start piano lessons around 8 years old, but just wasn't really interested and didn't pursue it.  I'd quite like to play an electric guitar but don't have the reaction speed & dexterity for something like that.
    It is really not too hard at all to get started, not to take away from the skill of any professional. The phrase “easy to learn, difficult to master” comes to mind.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could still give it a go @OverlyAnxious. You don't have to go straight in with shredding :D Perhaps starting with a few chords could be the way to go? 
    Good point!!  Smoke on the water & Under the bridge might be manageable.  

Haven't got the storage space for a guitar & amp atm but it's definitely something to keep in mind for future.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I often used to use my laptop instead of an amp and listen with headphones so I didn’t upset the neighbours :smiley:
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,689 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Piano looks good, there is a piano keyboard on Google that you can play. Also when I see a piano in a shopping centre inviting people to play it, I would love to do that.
    There is one in a hospital out patients in Birmingham that is there for anyone  to play too.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I used to play a keyboard, drums and a piano when I was a kid. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.