council house registration band C- how can I change this? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

council house registration band C- how can I change this?

Esa Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a single mother, living with two children, 7 and 5 years old, 5 years old on high rate DLA. We are now private rent. We live in one bed flat, the rental contract has expired, the landlord ask us find a property move away, but the council put the  us in band C. This made us probably not able to success bidding for the house within 3 years. We are desperately now. How can I change my band C? Any help appreciate!


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    I would self refer for a care needs assessment on gov website 

    A ot will come and assess your housing needs and do a report 

    You can then send a copy to the council and if the recommendations are you need rehousing then this can move banding 

    Also if you can send evidence your rental is ending this can also change your banding 

    Speak to the council homeless team
  • Hennessy12
    Hennessy12 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I hope you get higher band I have been on housing register since April 1997 and been private with same landlady since than and never got close on bidding 
  • Hennessy12
    Hennessy12 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I have to adult kids on pip and still nothing and I’m carer
  • Silverfox3824
    Silverfox3824 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited October 2021
    You have to submit new evidance, proving your situation has gotten worse.
    Some charities can advice you on how. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.