pregabalin v duloxetine for pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pregabalin v duloxetine for pain

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
I suffer from nerve damage and chronic pain. I had to go and see a consultant who decided he wants to change my medication. I am still taking naxproxen, but he was to change me from pregabalin to duloxetine.

I am really confuse and due to pick up my new tablets tomorrow. I am being told to take on per evening. Can anyone please let me know if they have been moved to the new medication and how it compares to pregabalin.

I have many worries about the new medication which includes, when the pain is through the roof, when i take pregablin it relieves the pain. But, i am concerned that if i am only taking one tablet at night of 30mg, what do i do when my pain is unberable. will this new tablet solve my ongoing pain.

I am worried about being in all that pain and having nothing to turn to.

I get pain going up the stairs where i am helped up the stairs. i get pain eating meals and walking. any advice would be great

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @happyfella :) As you may be aware, we don't allow medical advice to be shared here on the community. This is for the safety of all members. Of course, others may have experiences of taking these medications but, ultimately, your doctor will be best placed to answer your questions. Are you able to get in contact with the consultant that prescribed the new medication, or perhaps your GP? The pharmacist may also be able to answer some of these questions for you, would you feel comfortable speaking to them tomorrow? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • forstgump
    forstgump Community member Posts: 67 Listener
    Options
    That new medication ? is really bad I tryed it had a funny turn I would not give this to a dinosaur ? u have to tell them ur not willing to change as ur body is used to this one !!!!!  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with it @forstgump. That being said, it's important to remember that everyone will react to medication differently, and that people should speak to their doctor if they have concerns or questions over their medication. 

Are you now taking a different medication? Does that help at all? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • forstgump
    Options
    no I’m trying to get it changed but my old medication is now regulated drug so I’m finding it hard to be put bak on it 
  • forstgump
    Options
    also pregablin 
  • happyfella
    Options
    sorry i have not been on to answer any questions or replies but for the past week i have had a serious bad reaction to the new medication which resulted in my doctor taking me off it. I was suffering from hallucinations, hot sweats, stomache pains, not being able to eat for the week, getting woke up in the middle of the night burning up, feeling dizzy, and vertigo. I have not been allowed to take other medication accept naproxen for five days so the new medication can get out of my system. It has been a rough ride. The doctor told me this happens to one out of one hundred people, so i have been very unlucky.

Today is the first day that i am starting to feel like it is leaving the system. Still getting hot sweats, but finally had something to eat. Don't want to go through that again
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @happyfella good to know you are starting to feel a little better.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• happyfella
    Options
    All week i have had to have two fans on me to keep me cool. Just had to put one fan on now. I cannot believe how unlucky i was. They were hoping that i could take the new medication once at night and it would cover me each day. But it did not work out. On a plus note, over the past week i have lost eight pounds in weight lol which i am happy with as pregabalin put on three stone

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.