If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! I've been waiting 9 months for a UC50 decision. Shouldn't it be done in a reasonable timeframe?

Options
Sh4d0ws87
Sh4d0ws87 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Can anyone help me I’ve been waiting 9 months for UC50 decision and still nothing does it not have to be done within a reasonable timeframe ? 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are no fixed timescales and they are taking a long time in many cases 

You don't mention if you have had your assessment yet that is where the big delays are 

After assessment it takes around 8 to 10 weeks for the decision 

Try calling the assessment company to give them a nudge 
  • Sh4d0ws87
    Options
    I’ve called and was basically told off saying Universal credit shouldn’t be telling you to call us . And no I’ve not even been for assessment yet been waiting since December 2020 
  • Sh4d0ws87
    Options
    I’ve chronic pancreatitis and really bad mental health problems amenity and depression. they have had my file since December 2020 uc 50 I’ve also applied for pip may 2021 and nothing from either 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately you are not the only one in this situation 

All you can do is wait Unfortunately 
  • Sh4d0ws87
    Options
    Ok Thankyou for your help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Janer is correct, there are delays for assessments. The longer delays for some people could be because some people need face to face assessments, as they have now started back up people are being contacted slowly.

Telephone assessments are continuing for some people but they seem to be quicker than the face to face ones.

I claimed UC for my daughter in January and had her form about 5 weeks later. That was returned and her appointment for the assessment was by telephone at the very end of June. The decision was made a week later.

You can try ringing the Health Assessment Advisory Service (these are the ones that do WCA's) to see what the status of your claim is. See link for contact details. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/

For PIP there's also huge delays and DWP are estimating about 10 months for a claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the community @Sh4d0ws87

I wish we could give you better news, but I'm afraid both PIP and UC systems have experienced increased demand over the last 18 months (in addition to other difficulties brought about by the pandemic), so many decisions are taking much longer than usual. 

You mention that you have some mental health conditions, are you managing these okay at the moment and do you have enough support?  I realise waiting can add to anxiety but I hope knowing you aren't alone makes it a little easier.

Just to advise: I've amended the title of your thread and moved it to our UC category to help others spot it who may have the same question.  Take care and please ask away with any other questions.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Two or three years ago I applied for that it took well over a year before I got a decision I did get all money backdated and I didn't have a phone assessment it was done on paper I believe but yes that was before covid to  pip I applied in March this year it took a month for them to get my paper work I had phone assessment last week do that's my time scales 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.